EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2022-10-02 00:28:46
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
These examples shot at night to explore performance of the Pentax 15-30mm f/2.8 ED SDM WR.
The area of interest here is sensor quality of the Pentax K1 for night exposures, and in general, with SuperRes pixel shift mode. The examples show that the Pentax K1 is medium format quality, indeed superior to medium format in that it offers extreme sharpness free of moiré and aliasing effects (in SuperRes mode).
All of these examples show that raw converter support for Motion Correction is important, meaning both motion and any change in hue or brightness (see in particular the Arcade example). Pixellated areas can be seen in all the examples due to the user of SuperRes pixel shift mode.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.