EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2020-07-10 06:01:33
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
The Pentax K1 in SuperRes mode is an ideal camera for focus stacking in studio still-life photography, since Motion Correction with ACR is not an issue for still-life subjects, and all color moiré and aliasing issues are avoided. A brilliance and detail can be had that is not seen with any other DSLR (as of May 2016).
This example still-life stacks 10 exposures using the K1 SuperRes pixel shift mode, full frame. The SuperRes mode of the Pentax K1 means that micro contrast on fine details remains unusually good at f/13 with appropriate sharpening to counteract diffraction: see the 30mm mosaic series, Focus crop for just how good it can be.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.