EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-04-17 07:13:44
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
Pentax K3 firmware version 1.00
All new cameras have bugs, and generally these are correctable with firmware update. The K3 was quite reliable with two incidents noted.
At one point I shot five images, whereupon the camera claimed the card was not formatted. I had just started shooting (first five images), but the camera would not operate nor would it play the images. So I erased the card and started over. Had I shot more images, it would have been a choice of erasing or quitting for the day (or hiking back to the car to figure out if the images were there or not). Or abandoning that card for the day and shooting another, which is perhaps one reason the 2nd card slot is a plus.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.