EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-02-21 01:01:27
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
These examples shot at the Laws Railroad Museum in Bishop, CA.
The Sigma 40mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art is a DSLR lens more at home on the Nikon D850. However, the focus shift of the Sigma 40/1.4A along with focusing accuracy issues proved problematic on the Nikon D850. Accordingly I shot using the Nikon FTZ lens adapter on the Nikon Z7 which afford much more accurate focus as well as mostly mitigating the focus shift.
Most of the images on this page used contrast control, meaning a large shadow boost and some with highlights pulled down, in order to retain detail. Actual lens contrast (superb) is thus notably higher than seen.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.