EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2018-09-24 15:15:12
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
This series is about the overall visual impact first, sharpness second. It also discusses and shows field curvature particularly well.
Snake Tracks on Rippled Dunes, Death Valley
Adobe Camera Raw 10.1.0.864: View ACR settings. Aggressive settings during raw conversion, for desired chrome-like effect. Camera Profile=Adobe Standard. Diffraction mitigating sharpening for f/9 and f/11.
Snake tracks are found crisscrossing the dunes in numerous places, seen here as small tracks in several places, with pack rat (?) tracks emanating from the bushes. One night on a full moon I’d like to explore the dunes at night to see what I can see—but I’ll stay away from bushes! My supposition is that snakes (Panamint Rattlesnake?) hunt pack rates and mice at night and whatever else shows up. But it might be something more mundane, like the Nevada Shovel-Nosed snake.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.