EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2018-09-24 15:13:17
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
This series at 23mm expands upon the results seen at distance in three other series at 22/23/24mm. Close-range is often a weak point for lenses, prime or zoom. In general, lower performance is to be expected at close range.
Dead Brush in Cottonwood Canyon Wash
Overall, the image looks first rate: strict control of color aberrations (fantastic for a zoom), smooth-edged bokeh in spite of some double-image effects in the far background. In general, the image is pleasingly neutral in being free of any distracting or obvious optical flows.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.