EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2020-10-26 12:29:44
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
This scene is at relatively close range, but spans a good distance of about 2 feet from the camera to about 12 feet from the camera.
Taken at 24mm, the goal here is to see whether the Sigma 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM Art with its 4.4X zoom range stands a chance against its newer optimized sibling that has only a 1.45X zoom range (a compromise for quality), but a full two stops faster.
This creek enjoys a steady water flow from natural springs higher up Lakes Canyon (Oneida Lake and others, near Lundy Canyon near Lee Vining, CA).
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Advanced DSLR is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 16 cents a day ($60/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd DAP is DSLR-oriented, but also contains workflow and other topics. Much of the focus is on Canon and Nikon but also Pentax and Pentax medium format.
Special emphasis is placed on lens evaluation, focusing on Canon and Nikon and Sigma lenses, but with a few others like Rokinon/Samyang.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly some of the new Sigma Art lenses vs Nikon and Canon.
- Workflow discusses image organization, raw conversion and post processing. Many examples show processing parameters for direct insight into how the image was converted.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.