EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-29 06:44:23
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
Leica M10 Monochrome Noise Discussion
Low noise a goal? See Leica M10 Monochrome Noise Discussion.
Shot at higher ISOs, most Leica M10 Monochrom users will be pleased right up to ISO 6400 even for picky shooters. After all, without a color filter array, a monochrome sensor at the same ISO as a color camera is going to collect more photons, since the light is not attenuated by the color filtration of the R/G/B CFA.
Whether the M10m at ISO 160 is more than one stop better in noise than the M10-R at ISO 100 is debatable; it will depend on the color of the light and subject matter. And the issue is moot for high-ISO shooters.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.