EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-29 14:36:45
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
Color Filters on Leica M10 Monochrome
This page looks at the effect of color filters on the tonal relationships in a monochrome image on the Leica M10 Monochrom, and makes suggestions for both landscape and other uses.
Filters compared here:
- Breakthrough Photography X4 CPOL
- Heliopan ES Green 13
- B+W 022 Yellow
- B+W 023 Light Orange
- B+W 040 Orange
- B+W 090 Red
- B+W 091 Deep Red
- B+W 092 Infrared
It’s not easy finding a good subject to show off filter differences out in the desert. Ideally it would be a scene with a wide gamut of different colors. However, this series is fairly typical in its mix of colors for the Death Valley area and so it stands on its own in that regard.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.