EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-02-03 11:16:55
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
The about $8295 M10 Monochrom is in essence a minimally-updated Leica M10 sporting a 40-megapixel monochrome sensor for the theoretical ultimate in potential per-pixel sharnpness without any of the Bayer Matrix interpolation artificats seen with its Leica M10-R sibling. The reality is quite different, as this review demonstrates.
- 40MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor with no color array or Low Pass Filter (monochrome sensor)
- Leica Maestro II Image Processor
- Optical 0.73x-Magnification Viewfinder
- Optional 2.4MP Leica Visoflex (Typ 020) EVF
- 3.0" 1.04m-Dot LCD with Gorilla Glass
- ISO 160-100000, Up to 4.5 fps Shooting
- Built-In Wi-Fi, for Use with FOTOS App
- Stills-Only Operation (no video) for slimmed-down menu system.
- Built-In ISO Dial & Frame Line Selector
- Long exposure times to 16 minutes.
- Weather-Resistant Brass Construction
- Batteries can be charged in a car with the car charging cable included with the Leica BC-SCL5 Battery Charger. Regrettably the in-camera battery cannot be charged via USB.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.