EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-29 15:14:39
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
Lens Adapters on the M Typ 240
Over time one can expect the emergence of many adapters for Leica M mount. All DSLR lenses are suitable in terms of flange to focal plane distance.
Mounting Leica R lenses on M
See the Leica R to Leica M adapter R-Adapter M page for details.
Nikon F-mount on M
As shown below, the Zeiss ZF.2 135mm f/2 APO-Sonnar is mounted using a Novoflex NOLEMNIKNT Lens Adapter for Nikon Lens to Leica M on a Leica M Typ 240. The Really Right Stuff MPR CL-II is also attached, an attempt to support the lens given its weight and lever-arm effect on the camera mount. The camera itself is mounted on a Really Right Stuff B6 Small Bi-directional Plate.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.