EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-02-08 03:24:50
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
Firmware version 184.108.40.206.
Lens coding enables the Leica M Typ 240 to determine which lens is mounted and thus to apply color shading and vignetting corrections.
Without coding, off-center vignetting and color casts increase, and this gets ugly with wide angle lenses. Nor does Leica offer any solution for correcting a DNG file that failed to be properly coded.
Using a brand-new Leica M Typ 240, the camera repeatedly failed in reading the lens codings in a brand-new 50mm f/2 APO Summicron as well as several other lenses. It might have something to do with an unusually tight lens mount (as compared to the M9P).
Why does not Leica offer a fix?
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.