EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2024-02-24 02:38:23
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
For full access, subscribe here. Or click title to login.
Vignetting, bokeh and blur characteristics across the aperture series from f/1.1 - f/16 are readily understood with this comparison.
Example — Moots MootoX YBB 29er mountain bike
Taken deep in a canyon under very blue light. White balance with a WhiBal card at f/11. The camera was approximately 6 feet (2 meters) distant from the bicycle.
Separation of foreground from background is nicely delineated and quite pleasing at f/1.1. Focus here was on the “M” in MootoX.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.