EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-05-31 16:51:47
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
Examples: Silver Canyon Contrasts (M9)
This page is a narrative of a day’s shooting beginning at dawn, in the little-known White Mountains of California, just east of Bishop, CA and the California Sierra Nevada.
The point of many of these images on this page is to show the outstanding contrast and flare qualities of the 21mm f/3.4 Super-Elmar-M.
All apertures are from memory, designated with ~, because the M9P does not properly record aperture (other than as its best guess).
Most images on this page processed using Adobe Camera RAW with a white balance of 5200°K and tint=0. No saturation was added. No lens corrections.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.