EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-21 16:36:03
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
Examples: White Mountains Snow Day (M9)
This page is a narrative of a day’s shooting beginning at dawn, in the little-known White Mountains of California, just east of Bishop, CA and the California Sierra Nevada. Images are presented in chronological order for the day, the goal being not just to show off the capabilities of lens and camera, but to tell a story of this area.
All apertures are from memory, designated with ~, because the M9P cannot record an the aperture (other than as its best guess).
Abbreviation: 21/3.4 SEM = 21mm f/3.4 Super-Elmar-M
Most images on this page processed using Adobe Camera RAW with a white balance of around 4600 - 5200°K and Tint=0, with some variation on a per-image basis for desired effect and actual lighting. No saturation was added. No lens corrections. Sharpening via my usual approach.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.