EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-21 16:10:39
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
Aperture Series: Backlit Cottonwood at DeChambeau Ranch (M240)
This example shows the superb contrast possible with the 18/3.8 Super-Elmar-M ASPH and also allows an evaluation of the sharpness gradient (field curvature) by dint of the near-to-far grassy areas.
This series includes crops at f/9.5 and f/13 in order to evaluate quality in the more stopped-down ranges of apertures, the concern being micro contrast loss from diffraction.
Backlit Cottonwood at DeChambeau Ranch
Taken Nov 10, 2013.
Adobe Camera Raw 8.3(141): settings, Camera Profile = Embedded
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.