EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-21 16:46:14
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
Aperture Series: Juniper Tree Sky View At Dusk (M240)
An 18mm lens used at close range benefits from depth of field like any other lens and is quite capable of subject/background separation—it’s about relative magnification, not focal length.
Accordingly, it is possible to achieve subject/background separation contributing to a strong visual impact, this scene being an outstanding example of achieving a dramatic wide-open feeling of space while simultaneously making the subject stand out from the background.
Juniper Tree Sky View At Dusk
Taken Nov 7, 2013 at 16:56.
Adobe Camera Raw 8.3(141): settings, Camera Profile = Embedded
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.