EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-29 16:44:13
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
Aperture Series: Tenaya Canyon (Leica SL2)
Can a compact 18mm lens deliver solid results on the Leica SL2?
This aperture series from f/3.8 through f/11 looks at distance sharpness for the Leica 18mm f/3.8 Super-Elmar-M ASPH on the 47MP Leica SL2, using the Leica M-Adapter-L.
Includes images at up to full camera resolution from f/3.8 to f/11.
Adobe Camera Raw 184.108.40.2063. View ACR Settings. Vignetting correction, chromatic aberration correction. Diffraction mitigating sharpening for f/8, f/11.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.