EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-21 16:34:04
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
Aperture Series: Glistening Rocks Waterfall (M240)
The well corrected behavior of the 24/3.8 Elmar-M ASPH delivers a predictable result with no “funny business”: tight control of aberrations, no focus shift and absolutely minimal curvature of field. In that latter respect of field curvature, it is the very best choice for planar subjects, though this example is not one.
Glistening Rocks Waterfall
Image made Nov 16, 2013 at 14:34.
Adobe Camera Raw 8.3(141): settings, Camera Profile = Embedded
The primary characteristic of the 24/3.8 SEM is very high overall and micro contrast in a flat field across the frame with very low levels of aberrations, though with an f/3.8 maximum aperture that is surely to be expected in a 24mm; the slow (dark) maximum aperture allows a high degree of correction for other optical behaviors.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.