EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-29 15:34:37
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
Sensor Cover Glass: Stock vs Kolarivision Modified Sony A7R (Mosaic)
See also Leica M Lenses on Sony A7R: The Reality of Performance.
A specially modified Sony A7R (Kolarvision) and a stock unmodified A7R are used here to explore the performance of the Leica 24mm f/3.8 Elmar-M ASPH.
Ray angle of rangefinder lenses interacting with the thick sensor cover glass of the Sony A7R introduces severe astigmatism in outer zones, along with lateral chromatic aberration.
This scene is shot at distant focus with a very finely detailed subject. Suitable measures were taken to minimize and Sony A7R vibration (particularly troublesome with the camera in portrait orientation as here).
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.