EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2020-07-02 01:55:10
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
This series has a wide near-to-far range but with focus at a medium distance, thus giving a good look at foreground and background bokeh and color aberrations.
Tables, Empty Chairs, Balloons
Adobe Camera Raw 9.1.1 (461). ACR settings. Camera Profile = Embedded.
Lighting was funky artificial stuff, so color was adjusted to taste.
Overall visual impact is excellent, with a strong 3D feel and a crisp look. At f/1.4, there can be little doubt as to where the lens is focused—excellent since it allows the photographer to single out a subject of interest.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q, Leica SL.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.