EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-02-03 06:21:58
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
In early 2016, Leica revised the physical design of the 28mm f/2.8 Elmarit-M ASPH design; the new version sports the integral screw-on hood design of its 28/1.4 and 28/2 siblings and similar build characteristics. At about $2195, it is relatively inexpensive for Leica M lenses.
Optically, the 28/2.8 (2016) is nearly identical to its predecessor, with claimed performance improvements.
The new design is beautifully done, elegant. The lens ships with an integral screw-on lens shade with slide-on lens cap, but also ships with a push-on lens cap should the user wish to omit the lens shade.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.