EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-29 15:13:59
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
Aperture Series: View Over Alabama Hills to Lone Pine Peak and Mt Whitney (Leica M10M)
This aperture series from f/2 through f/8 shows what can be done in monochrome versus color; see View Over Alabama Hills to Mt Whitney Range with the Leica M10-R for comparison—sometimes monochrome is just a better fit for the subject matter and lighting conditions.
Filtration is a big plus at times; for monochrome sensors for landscape, I prefer a filter in the orange to deep red range. Here the bluish atmospheric haze warranted the B+W 092 Infrared filter, which has a 50% cutoff at 690nm (very deep red), versus the 610nm cutoff of the B+W 091 Deep Red filter.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.