EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-02-08 03:11:23
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
June 2013 50/2 APO, which suffered from poor flare control.
Shot using the 24-megapixel Leica M Typ 240.
This simple still-life shows a hallmark of the 50/2 APO ASPH: a remarkable high contrast clarity. This clarity is due to three things: (1) a high level of color correction, (2) very high micro contrast and (3) a very low level of other optical aberrations. The image really “pops”.
Water bottles on shelf
Observe that the magenta/green secondary longitudinal chromatic aberration seen on the background bottle cleans up nicely at f/4, but it is f/5.6 that delivers an image that looks fully neutral.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.