EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-21 17:00:38
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
Leica 50/2 APO ASPH Circular Ring Flare (June 2013 Sample)
June 2013 lens sample, which suffered from poor flare control.
Ring flare examples from the Leica 50mm f/2 APO-Summicron-M ASPH on the Leica M Type 240. Ring-type flare (as used here) is a circular arc of ghosting flare.
Backlit bristlecone sunstars
The exact position determines how much one sees of the disturbing ring-type ghosting flare, seen here at lower right, and bright enough that it is not just on the dark background but also on the lighter area at bottom.
As with various other images, the camera failed to read the lens coding, so that this image did not receive lens compensation (brand new lens, brand new camera failures, repeatedly).
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.