EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2024-02-24 02:26:38
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
For full access, subscribe here. Or click title to login.
These examples were taken with the Zeiss ZM 15mm f/2.8 Distagon T*, a no-expense-spared extreme ultra-wide-angle lens. All images shot used the supplied center filter.
Compared to Voigtlander 15/4.5
Two months prior to shooting the Zeiss ZM 15/2.8 Distagon, I briefly shot the Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5. The Zeiss 15/2.8 is an incredible lens, best of breed, don’t think for a minute you can get anything like this quality from the Voigtlander: color and contrast are easily superior with the Zeiss, as one might expect from its price, and you’ll need the viewfinder also.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.