EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-10-03 10:41:42
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
Examples on this page were shot with the Zeiss ZM 35mm f/2 Biogon, which from experience I know to be an ultra-sharp lens with zero distortion and excellent correction of field curvature.
The 35/2 Biogon has ray angle of 32.4°, which means it is less likely to see degradation of color and sharpness towards the edges and corners of the frame, as compared to the 25/2.8 Biogon. My interest in taking these photos was to assess whether the 35/2 Biogon is a viable choice on the Sony NEX-7.
RAW processing was done in Adobe Camera RAW. Except as noted, minimal processing was done: exposure compensation and white balance to taste.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.