EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-29 15:26:58
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
Aperture Series: Teak Bench at Dusk with Grass (M240)
Shot on the 24-megapixel Leica M Typ 240. Compare this example to a similar one shot on the 36-megapixel Sony A7R.
Series shot at dusk with exposures from 2 seconds to 32 seconds.
Teak bench at dusk with grass
Adobe Camera Raw 8.3(141): settings, Camera Profile = Embedded
It was late dusk, and a flashlight had to be used to focus; the f/4 aperture makes a powerful pocket flashlight a necessary accessory for such shooting (a little darker, and even f/2 becomes troublesome without supplementary light).
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.