EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-21 17:16:27
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
QC: Camera Implications
The camera cannot be ruled out for some issues involving the lens; the sensor and lens mount must be plane-parallel or this can look like lens skew (asymmetric sharpness left/right or top/bottom or any combination thereof).
Use of rangefinder focus is subject to tolerances and these can loosen or change over time or with focusing distance and temperature. Lens corrections can go unapplied if the lens coding fails.
Issues (June - August 2013)
Camera was used with Live View and EVF for a time which sidestepped the rangefinder issues.
The following issues occurred with a brand-new Leica M240:
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.