EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-21 16:06:04
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
Experience with Match Technical Coder Kit
Want to code a lens yourself? There is a good tutorial here at https://www.devonbuy.com/how-to-6-bit-code-leica-m-lens/, including a list of 6-bit codes for quite a few M lenses. However, I am not keen on replacing a lens flange just to get the coding. That was the beauty of the Match Technical kit.
UPDATE 2021: the coder kit is no longer available. Also, I was not successful using it to code a lens here in 2022, perhaps because the marker had gone dry and I did not have the right density and reflectance of marker to use.
The Coder Kit from Match Technical is very nicely done, and neatly solves the coding issue—highly recommended.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.