EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2017-08-22 21:21:17
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
Examples shot in the Hoover Wilderness area, which abuts Yosemite National Park.
Due to depth of field requirements, sharpness is not always at a peak near to far, but the total sharpness for all the images is impressive (within these realistic limits). The Leica M Monochrom Typ 240 seems to approach and perhaps exceed a 36 megapixel color camera in terms of detail.
The Leica 24mm f/3.8 Elmar-M ASPH is a superb performer on the Leica M Monochrome; all images on this page were shot with it. Unless the 18/3.8 SEM, it does not have a bulging front element, so a filter is easily applied, and a filter fits fine under the screw-on lens hood.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q, Leica SL and Leica S.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.