EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2018-04-26 08:26:16
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
All Bayer matrix sensors produce various types of aliasing, particularly those without an anti-aliasing filter (optical low pass filter).
The Leica M240 is no exception. With its 24 megapixel sensor, one can expect fewer issues in general due to a higher photosite density, but it nonetheless develops some unavoidable effects with particular subject matter.
Example — “color ringing ”
This actual pixels crop is from the Focus Shift (dolls) page.
The term “color ringing” is used here, this is not an official term, just a descriptive one.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q, Leica SL.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.