EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2017-11-22 23:36:04
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
Firmware version 220.127.116.11.
The Live View feature greatly extends the versatility:
- A wide variety of other lenses can be used: Leica R, Nikon, many DSLR lenses can be used, because Live View makes composition and focusing possible (and accurate).
- Telephoto lenses can be used; consider the Leica R 180/2.8 APO and Leica R 280/4 APO for example. This is and was infeasible with the M9 and MM.
- True macro lenses can be used with accurate framing and focus: the Leica R 100mm f/2.8 APO-Elmarit-R for example.
The rear LCD is of high quality and a pleasure to use— a vast improvement over the M9 and MM rear LCD. See the EVF usage notes.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q, Leica SL and Leica S.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.