EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2018-01-16 03:51:52
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 18.104.22.168
Firmware version 22.214.171.124.
Color space is not choosable when the file format is DNG (it is dimmed as an option)., but this is a confusing thing: the M240 manual does not explain which color space is used to calculate the RGB histogram, yet this can have a major influence on the histogram: wide-gamut sensors can easily be clipped with some colors (red and blue in particular).
There is no conventional RGB histogram with three graphs (one each for RGB). This is a step backwards from the M9P; the separate graphs are much easier to interpret at a glance.
Instead the M240 RGB histogram is of the overlay type with all three colors overlaid in one graph (R/G/B/Y/M/C). While this approach works well sometimes, it makes interpretation at a glance more difficult.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q, Leica SL.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.