EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2017-06-26 17:01:04
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 188.8.131.52
Firmware version 184.108.40.206.
The shutter speed dial design precludes using an exposure longer than 8 seconds in manual exposure mode (though auto exposure goes to 60 seconds with the M240).
In addition, there is a hard limit of 60 seconds for exposure at ISO 200 (as of firmware 220.127.116.11), with shorter limits for higher ISO values.
In practice, this means that night exposures are often 1-3 stops underexposed for interesting outdoor conditions, greatly increasing the noise. Yet well exposed 60 second images show no sign of this being a sensor quality limit.
Tuolumne River erratic by moonlight
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q, Leica SL and Leica S.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.