EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-10-03 11:12:03
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
Four lenses compared on the 36-megapixel Nikon D800E of which four are designated as APO.
How does the vaunted Leica 180mm f/2.8 APO-Elmarit-R perform for color correction relative to less prestigious alternatives?
In production as of 2013 is the Sigma 180mm f/2.8 APO Macro DG HSM and the Nikon 70-200/2.8G ED VR II. The Leica 180/2.8 APO and Voigtlander 180/4 APO are available on the used market.
- Leica 180mm f/2.8 APO-Elmarit-R
- Sigma 180mm f/2.8 APO Macro DG HSM
- Voigtlander 180mm f/4 APO Lanthar
- Nikon AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.