EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2020-07-13 04:39:11
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
A study in sharpness and contrast at medium distance.
Leica R-adapter M used via tripod foot mount with 2-second self-timer and Light Metering Mode = Advanced ('Classic' with Live View off avoids shutter-shutting issue). The shutter vibration danger zone centers around 1/30 second, but on longer lenses creeps up to higher speeds, and can have subtle effects on micro contrast, acting like a weak to strong anti-aliasing filter even if no obvious double image effect is seen.
f/2.8, f/4, f/5.6, f/8.0, f/11
1/750, 1/500, 1/250, 1/125, 1/60
Telephone pole with insulators
ACR: settings, Camera Profile = Embedded
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q, Leica SL.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.