EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-02-03 06:41:49
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
- Quickly and easily mounts on Canon DSLRs with a lens adapter.
- Can be converted to Nikon mount via Leitax.com. I left mine alone, because the Nikon conversion is somewhat complicated.
- Use of tripod tripod foot lens plate is mandatory for tripod use.
Thehas been discontinued (like all Leica R lenses). Very few were made however, so finding one might present a challenge. Consider it a collector’s item (albeit one very useful for real photography), and be prepared to pay accordingly.
The 280/4 APO is described as follows:
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 8 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.