EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2017-08-21 06:47:36
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
Leica SL camera firmware v2.0, latest as of June 2016.
The Jan 2016 assessment with earlier firmware in overcast lighting is consistent with the findings here.
Adobe Camera Raw 9.6 (625) in Photoshop CC 2015 20160113 r.355, the latest versions as of 2016-06-19.
Color rendition (white balance and tint) was giving me fits with field shots; the Leica SL delivered many greenish and bluish images in the mountains at its “Daylight” setting.. To process those images for good color rendering, it was necessary to establish a reference color temperature and tint for the Leica SL in sunlight. For comparisons, it was also necessary to do the same for the Leica M240, and to use several different lenses as cross checks.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q, Leica SL and Leica S.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.