EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2018-04-20 07:45:05
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
The Leica SL is Leica’s first foray into a fully modern interchangeable lens mirrorless camera. Related products fall short of the fully modernized digital approach:
- The Leica M240 is a hybrid rangefinder + optional (and low-res) EVF system in which the rangefinder lenses for the most part are not optimized for digital.
- The Leica S is a DSLR lacking an EVF option (2015 model does have Live View finally).
- The Leica Q has a fixed lens.
As of May 2016, there were only two native mount lenses: the Leica 24-90mm f/2.8-4 Vario-Elmarit-SL ASPH zoom lens and the Leica APO-Vario-Elmarit-SL 90-280mm f/2.8-4.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd Guide to Leica is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now for about 25 cents a day ($90/year).
BEST DEAL: get full access to ALL 7 PUBLICATIONS for only 68 cents a day ($249.95)!
Diglloyd Guide to LEICA contains in-depth coverage of Leica M system cameras and lenses, with additional coverage of Leica M Monochrom, Leica Q, Leica SL.
Special emphasis is placed on Leica M lenses and certain Zeiss ZM lenses.
- Make better images by learning how to get the best results right away.
- Save money by choosing the right lens for your needs the first time, particularly the Summilux/Summicron/Elmarit choice and/or Zeiss ZM.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning. Processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to 28 megapixels filling up to 5K display, plus large crops [past 2 years or so].
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Make sharper images just by understanding lens behavior you won’t read about elsewhere.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Want a preview? Click on any page below to see an excerpt as well as extensive blog coverage, for example on Leica.