EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-09-20 18:51:26
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
The about $2800 Leica 24-70mm f/2.8 Vario-Elmarit-SL ASPH is a mid-range zoom that might have been designed by a third party, judging by the price which is half that of the other Leica-branded zooms.
- L-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- 3 Aspherical Elements
- Metal Body with Weather Sealing
- Internal Focus, Non-Rotating Filter Ring
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Design
Optical efforts with the Leica 24-70/2.8 looks modest (3 aspherical elements are a bare minimum). However, it might perform quite well by f/5.6 and with 19 elements, it’s possible that things like distortion are well-handled.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.