EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-04-22 16:09:33
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
A zoom often has compromises for sharpness, distortion, etc, so how does the Leica SL midrange zoom stack up against an outstanding prime lens at 35mm? Your author considers the ZM 35/1.4 the best 35mm lens available for Leica, indeed the best overall M-mount lens, period. While that claims is debatable, it is context on the expected performance.
The Zeiss ZM 35mm f/1.4 Distagon is an M-mount lens designed for the Leica M9/M240 sensors, which have special micro lenses. As such, its behavior on the Leica SL might be degraded, since the SL sensor has no special micro lenses.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.