EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-09-28 04:30:25
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 126.96.36.199
These examples show the uncorrected versus corrected distortion. Since Adobe Camera Raw enforces lens corrections for Leica SL DNG files (for native lenses and for M lenses), these images were converted using Iridient Developer.
The Leica SL corrects distortion during Live View so that the recorded image can capture significantly more than the Live View image shows.
Toggle to compare the uncorrected versus corrected image.
Distortion @ 24mm
Distortion is extreme to the point of looking like a fisheye lens, so correction is mandatory to avoid a fun-house-mirror effect. Measuring the imaging area in Photoshop, about 5600 pixels of the 6014-wide sensor are used for the corrected image, or 86% of the sensor area. In effect, the Leica SL is 20.8 megapixel camera when the 24-90mm is zoomed to 24mm.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.