EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-06-25 03:41:24
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
This page compares the Leica 50mm f/1.4 Summilux-SL ASPH to the Panasonic Lumix S Pro 50mm f/1.4. Each lens has behaviors distinctly its own, so these are commented upon appropriately. The behaviors are different enough that this comparison is more about learning the behaviors so that the best possible results can be obtained.
Both lenses require correction for lateral chromatic aberration and distortion correction. Distortion of the Leica 50/1.4 and distortion of the Panasonic 50/1.4 are pronounced, with distortion correction reducing their performance in outer zones
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.