EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-06-25 03:44:14
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
This page puts the Leica 50mm f/1.4 Summilux-SL ASPH to use for portraits on the Panasonic S1R using Eye AF focusing mode. A reflector was used for fill lighting. To my eyes, it appears that the 50/1.4 SL has been expressly designed for beautiful portraiture.
As in my first portrait attempts, I had some trouble again with the Panasonic S1R Eye AF but with more success than in my first attempt at portraits, but still with too many misses. Too often the S1R Eye AF tends to think eyelashes are the iris of the eye. It is my impression that Sony Eye EF is more accurate in finding the iris of the eye, and I say so after side-by-side shooting; see portraits with the Sony 135mm f/1.8 GM shot within minutes of these images, with several hundred images taken in total across three lenses.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.