EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2023-03-29 06:34:38
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
Examples: Lee Vining Canyon (Panasonic S1R)
This page looks at performance under outdoor conditions with various examples in Lee Vining Canyon.
Includes select ultra high resolution images derived from 187 megapixel Multi-Shot High-Res mode.
Backlit aspen, Lee Vining Creek
I had never seen aspen flowering because of the time of year. Here they are all aflower even with a meter of snow on the ground. The flowers are not showy but look great backlit as here.
Having learned during testing that the Leica 50/1.4 SL has strong peripheral forward focus shift as well as field curvature, focus was placed deep into the scene so that upon stopping down to f/8 the zone of sharp focus would balance across the scene—success—the image is brilliant with tremendous detail.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.