EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2021-01-21 07:03:39
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 22.214.171.124
This page looks at flare control under field conditions showing examples with the lens hood on (as always), and both shielding the front lens element from extraneous light, and without.
In the example that follows, toggle to compare unshaded vs shaded. I use my hand to block the light when shooting in the field, for all lenses but with wide angle zooms, this can become difficult or impossible at times due to footing, angle of sun, etc.
See the discussion of factors involved in flare in the flare page for the Leica 16-35mm f/3.5-4.5.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.