EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-09-19 04:29:44
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 184.108.40.206
Panasonic S1R firmware version 1.0, Leica 75/2 APO firmware version 1.0.
This extensive series demonstrates an electro-mechanical focus shift behavior with the Leica 75mm f/2 APO-Summicron-SL ASPH when used on the Panasonic S1R. I was able to reproduce this problem at will once I understood the behavior (following huge frustration in so many damaged images).
The behavior here is the same as seen with the Leica 90mm f/2 APO-Summicron-SL ASPH. The problem likely afflicts most or all Leica SL lenses. Please see additional commentary on that page, as it applies both to the 75mm and 90mm and most likely other Leica SL lenses.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.