EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-07-22 08:17:24
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
This page puts the Leica 90mm f/2 APO-Summicron-SL ASPH to use for portraits on the Panasonic S1R using Eye AF focusing mode. A reflector was used for fill lighting. The 90/2 performs beautifully, but Eye AF is a sad story.
As in previous portrait attempts, I had trouble with the Panasonic S1R Eye AF. Too often the S1R Eye AF focuses on eyelashes or nose in front of the iris. Many shots were discarded from this page with about 12 usable shots out of 40, 2 or 3 ruined by motion blur and the rest ruined by the failing of Eye AF. I was thus left with only a small fraction of the best poses.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.