EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-08-21 20:50:31
UA_SEARCH_BOT_null @ 220.127.116.11
Images at up to 125 megapixels. Some images have variants; toggle to compare.
Church at Night
On an iMac 5K display, the 126 megapixel image looks fantastic. But the right side of the church is noticeably less sharp than the left side, including the pavers—a small but noticeable optical asymmetry.
Overall, this is a remarkable world-class performance that few lenses can match. It shows that if the Leica 90mm f/2 APO-Summicron-SL ASPH is focused properly (accounting for focus shift), the results can be spectacular.
Article continues for subscribers...
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
Diglloyd L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with diglloyd Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.